Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Latest Addition aka 1st post for 2010

Wanted to start writing something after for so long. Well, I mean the last time I wrote was just about during the exam time where all people are so stressed and tired up, there is barely anymore space left in the brain for thinking what to write in a new blog. Well, as for me the one guy now who is living through his sem break aka holiday at hometown, things are so much easy and you wake up every morning with nothing in particular that you want to do today. But I do had many blog titles to write throughout my sem breaks, but there are 3 major problems which hamper this thought (Blog writing). One of them is I don’t have a private PC. Well, the first day I was back at my hometown, I don’t know why but suddenly the power supply in my house’s CPU got burned when I used it. That leaves me without a PC at home for about 6 days until it got repaired. Actually I wanted to try fixing the burned PSU myself, since I m a CS student, I think these are some of the things I should try more than any other people. But since there is the warranty on the power supply, I guess I’ll just leave the dirty job to the guy who sold my mum this 800bucks CPU. Back to the topic on availability of a PC. Yeas. I had been indeed visiting the computer center quite often this sem break, DOTA-ing, and checking out facebook news. But who the heck who wana write a private blog in the midst of screaming kids and gaming temptation where you can dota and facebook. I Rather save the money (RM1.50 per hour for computer usage at VA) to dota and pawn noobs in their battle-LAN.

Next reason would had been not feeling the mood and lazy to write, but I finally sat down to write tonight when my brother had went to KL, and my mum and dad are sleeping. Yeah, that’s the privacy I m talking about. What to write anyway tonight. Like I said earlier I had many new post idea I want to out in different blog posts, but since the feel at that time is gone and the idea I had now is just simple too flimsy to be made into a single post I guess I’ll just stuff all the shit into one long blog here.

The first thing I wana discuss since I m so free right now is MOVIE OF THE YEAR 2009. Yea, I know maybe its too late to talk about this matter right now but, heck I had been busy since 24Dec till the new year. Hahahahah… no choice. Me myself however have few picks. I really think the coming OSCAR picture of the year would either fall onto “2012” or “Avatar” I guess that’s what most people will pick for the movie of 2009. But I think from my opinion, I think AVATAR will edge 2012 in the contest. Some other movies in 2009 which I think is great is “IP MAN” and “UP” and”. Let contrast between Avatar and 2012

- 2012 story and plot are too predictable. Basically what we watched and awed is the real-ness of destruction produced by CGI. Avatar however had a twist in its story. I personally think the whole idea on AVATAR is new and fresh. Usually when we watch Sci-Fic movie, we usually see aliens with better technology wiping us out. But in avatar the opposite happen. And AVATAR too had a ending most people like to see. A happy ending.

- I think AVATAR is more enjoyable to watch then 2012.Nice and gripping climax, Super real sound and visual effect and a little twist in humor and it’s a movie which is like a movie. I don’t know how to say it but I really gained maximum satisfaction after the show.

So guys, for you who haven’t watched it better be quick or you will be missing the movie of the year 2009. I had a chance to watch this movie for the second time but I didn’t cause I believe watching movie 2 times in the cinema is a waste of money. So I guess I’ll wait for someone to upload in the EP server.


Back to another title is of course my favorite PC game of all time Dota. I had actually quitted Dota for quite sometime now. I mean I used to play Dota in the early days of my Ixora life, but since Adison’s Streamyx got cut and I got sick and fed up with leavers in GGC, I had seldom played Dota since. I played A1 map occasionally, but now since it’s the sem break, I had been back to Dota Addiction. Like I had said earlier, I had not played for a long time and Dota maps keep updating. The time I came back to VA, I found out there had been an additional new 2 hero. Actually to me, I see 4 new heros because the last two ones, Cairne, the Tauren Cheiftain and Jinzak the Bat Raider are considered old for people who had been playing. The two new latest addition to Dota maps are Ancient Apparition and Night Crawler. But this holidays I just managed to see two of them which is Tauren Chieftain and Ancient Apparition. I’ll write a review on the two new heros that I had tested.


This hero is a INT hero. Basically I think its 1st and 2nd skill is great and the 3rd one is a lousy skill. The hero ulti is the highlight anyway. Its something like Rattletrap’s rocket and its really difficult to execute. I had tried but its really hard to hit the target because the initial ball moves too fast. But I can say this hero’s ulti is good at hitting creeps anywhere in the map, hence making farming very easy. But if its ulti hits a hero ( I only killed one hero once with the ulti) its really kindda devastating because if the target hero HP is less than 12% then its hp will continue to drop till it die. So if you are hit by Ancient Apparition’s ulti, and die. you really deserve to die because its not easy to hit. Hahahaha….


This is another hero that I managed to “yin kau” during the Dota time at VA. I personally like this hero because all its skills and stats suites my Dota style. I think I m a supporter type Dota player and a fan of STR hero, this got to be one of my favourite hero. Tauren Cheiftain is a supporter + tanker + can contribute a little in group battles. All its skill are complementary to one another. Just like his “aka brother” Raigor Stonehoff the Earth Shaker, Tauren Chieftain skills need to be used in a correct sequence and accuracy for maximum effect. But the down thing is its 1st and ulti need channeling but at least the 1st skill is a 5sec stun (this stun is awaken by any damage it received however) which buys you enough time to hit the ulti (If you hit the 1st skil right). The 3rd skill is a aura which decreases enemy’s magic resistance and armor which make it very nice to use the 2nd skill especially which is like a spell and can support the 1st skill to own you opposition when on early game. Its ulti also need time to hit the enemies. If your opponent is a noob, then I guess Tauren will have a nice time bullying them, but if you opponent is a Pro, you might need extra tactics and help from your teammates to hit all the skills nicely. Its ulti once hit in group battles will maim the opposition hero making it easier for you team’s attacker to kill them. But for this hero, I m not really sure what item suites it because I had rarely seen people playing this hero. But for me I’ll usually make its HP longer with items like Vanguard, Bracer and heart. Arcane ring seem to be a great item I haven’t really tried it yet.

Too bad I don’t have enough time to try Jinzaak the Bat Raider and Slark the Night Crawler since I m going back to Melaka on this Tuesday which leaves me about 2 days left in my hometown.. Maybe I’ll leave that two heroes to “yin kau” during CNY holidays.

But VA’s gaming session this break is kindda fun because I managed to play quite a lot of good games (GG) No leavers, Pro players in my team and opposite side. I can say this is one of the breaks where I had played the most good games. But quite astonishingly, I really owe all my precision spell casting and hero controlling to one piece of good hardware. I accidentally found an old IMAX mouse (VA is formerly known as IMAX until it changed its owner) in the first day I went there. This mouse is the best mouse I can find in VA. Most of VA’s Logitech mouse vandalized and lousy and can’t be controlled precisely. But this mouse which I had used as far as I visit VA this term gave me satisfaction each time u hold and use it. Thanks man, all great games I played there owed it to you. Hope to see you again next time I visit VA.


Apart from that, This sem break I did cook few stuffs. I really like cooking. I don’t know weather that’s a hobby or passion. At home its easier to cook because I have a gas stove and more ingredients at disposal, a more complete kitchen in my home compared to Ixora. In addition I had more time to spend in the kitchen compared to Ixora. By the way, the two best product from my kitchen this sem break is Chicken burger and pizza. Hahahahahah…. Too bad I forgot to snap a picture of a chicken burger I made. The only picture I had here is the pizza I made.


I personally think this pizza is nice but I later come to find out I m actually sort of allergic to mozzarella cheese. OMGFZ!!!! How can I be allergic to my favorite food??!!!! Sad… But I got to accept the fact once I eat mozzarella cheese, my mouth will become red and itchy for a few week. Even though I not very sure about the conclusion that I made, I m pretty sure that’s the culprit for causing my mouth to always become red whenever I go back to hometown. Anyway, I’ll just do a few more experiments on myself the next time I m back at Melaka.

Another thing is the failure to carry out what I had planned for myself in hometown for this sem breaks. I actually planned to study Java programming and jog at speedy padang frequently this sem break, but too bad none of that had ever been completed. Sighs….


Next topic would had been about the sem breaks so far. Since finishing the final exam, holidays had been, well, quite interesting for this term. Went to the highly anticipated Melaka trip with my friends, each of us have a girl hugging. Hahahaha….. Really a cute trip suffice to say. After that went for some date sessions with my dearest Grace-Grace before returning home and do nothing ( practically) Well, I m going back soon to melaka ler, tomorrow would be the last day I’ll be in TI for this particular semester break. Hell my mum sure had been mad at me. I spend only about one week+ at hometown out from the 3 weeks holiday xD hahahahaha…. But I mean whats the point staying here so long doing nothing? I might as well go back earlier to Melaka to prepare my stuffs for the coming super hardcore sem and “SOMETHING” for the coming big event on 10/2. Too bad we cant celebrate our 1st Valentine together this year on 14/2 but we can do it on 10/2 afterall. Last year we did celebrate it at MMU corner wad….. hahahahah… if that’s a celebration anyway. So don’t worry dear, we’ll just do what we can. Alright! No more spilling secrets from me and that’s about it for the “Big Day”

So I guess I’ll go for another Dota at VA tonight, which will be the second last for this term before heading back to where I feel comfortable the most: MELAKA, eventhough I occasionally term that place “ Seong Sam Zhi Dei”

No comments: